Recipe: Kinderella Drip Cake
Updated: Jun 25, 2020
Chocolate cake with a kinderella and nutella buttercream with a kinder and white chocolate drip.
INGREDIENTS (CHOCOLATE CAKE)
350g self raising flour, sifted
8 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
2 teaspoons baking soda
300g caster sugar
4 eggs (medium), lightly beaten
300ml oil (vegetable or sunflower)
INGREDIENTS (KINDERELLA BUTTERCREAM)
500g unsalted butter
1kg sieved icing sugar
2 tablespoons whole milk
100g Kinderella spread
100g Kinder chocolate
100g White chocolate
2 tablespoons oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare 4 6 inch round cake tins by greasing with butter and placing baking paper inside.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sugar and mix well.
3. Add the oil, milk and eggs into the dry ingredients. Whisk the batter until no lumps remain.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Remove from tins and allow to cool on a wire rack.
6. Place the icing sugar, butter, milk and kinderella spread into a mixing bowl
7. Mix on a medium speed until combined. Continue to mix on a medium speed for 5-10 minutes depending how light you want your buttercream to be - the longer you mix, the paler the buttercream.
8. Sandwich and build up the chocolate sponge layers with buttercream until the last sponge layer has buttercream on top and crumb coat the outer edges of the cake with the Kinderella buttercream. Chill in the fridge to set for 10-15 minutes.
9. Smooth another layer of Kinderella buttercream all over and smooth. Leave a small amount for decorations
10. Melt 100g of kinder bars in a microwave and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Then repeat with 100g of white chocolate.
11. Pour the melted chocolate over the chilled cake and add drops on the side using a spoon to create 2 tone drips.
12. Finally, using a Wilton 1M tip, place the remaining buttercream into a piping bag and add swirls on the top of the cake.